- Can you arrange airport transfers?
Yes, a one-way transfer costs US$130 for a car or a van for up to 6 guests.
- Can you arrange a pickup or drop from within Sri Lanka?
Yes, please contact us for current pricing.
- Can you arrange a tuk-tuk (three wheeler)?
We don’t have a tuk tuk, however you’ll find some for rent parked outside the hotel. You can discuss with them directly where you’d like to go.
- How long does it take to get to Eraeliya by road?
From Colombo Airport it’s 2.5-3hrs; from Colombo 3hrs; from Bentota 1.5hrs; and from Galle 30-40 mins. You can also take the train to Weligama from Colombo and all main west coast towns.
- Do you provide accommodation for drivers?
No. However, there are inexpensive places nearby for your driver to stay (we can recommend a few places if you contact us in advance).
Average Threewheeler (tuk tuk) prices:
- Weligama city center – 200 rupees
- Weligama Bay ( around W15 and Marriott) -300
- Galle one way – 1500
- Mirissa – 600
- Waiting time – 100/ 150 rupees per hour
You can use this online fare calculator to get an approximate fare.
Food & drink
- Can we bring our own alcohol?
Yes, you are welcome to bring own alcohol. Our staff can chill and serve it to you. There are a few liquor shops in Weligama (and Galle) where you can purchase beer, wine and spirits.
- Do you have a restaurant?
We don’t have a central restaurant. Instead, our butlers serve your meals to you on the balcony or terrace of your suite or villa. Our menu can be downloaded here
- Can you arrange a romantic dinner?
Yes, we can arrange a candlelit seafood dinner for two on our front lawn. Please inquire or ask at Reception on arrival.
- Can you arrange special food or off menu dishes?
Yes, we can personalize all meals within reason. Please inquire or ask Reception on arrival.
- Can you arrange a family type BBQ on a lawn for a large group?
Yes (for a minimum of four people), however this does depend upon hotel occupancy. Please inquire.
- What sort of food do you offer at the hotel? What’s on the menu for breakfast?
Please have a look at our dining page for more information, which also provides links to our menus.
- Can you cater to special dietary food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free)?
Yes, we can, however please let our staff know upon arrival. All of our meats are Halal-certified.
- Can you arrange cooking classes?
Yes. Please inquire
- Can you arrange local activities and tours?
Yes, please refer to our . If you have something specific in mind you’d like to do or see, please get in touch. Please also see the ‘Things to do’ section below.
- We would like to book the whole property for a yoga retreat, is it possible?
Yes, the property is serene and private, and ideal for a yoga retreat though we’d advise booking early to ensure all rooms are available for your preferred dates. We don’t have a dedicated yoga pavilion, however in good weather you can do yoga on the front lawn. We could also prepare a space for you on the pool terrace or in Villa Walauwe. Please inquire
- What type of plug sockets do you have at the hotel?
All of the sockets in our suites and villas are have multiplugs that support both round pins and square pins (UK and Europe).
- Can we exchange foreign currency for rupees at the hotel?
Yes, we can change US$, GBP and Euros at the prevailing exchange rate.
- Do you accept travelers cheques?
- Where is the nearest ATM/cashpoint?
The nearest ATMs are in Weligama town, a five-minute drive away.
- Is there a laundry service at the hotel?
Yes. Turnaround time is usually 24 hours.
- What time can we check in and check out?
Our normal check in time is 2pm and check out is noon. Early check ins are possible dependent on availability though upon request only. Please contact us.
- What is your cancellation policy?
For all bookings during the peak period, we require a 30 percent deposit, which is non-refundable. For all other booking conditions, please see our rates page.
- What hours is the Reception/Front Desk open?
We are open from 8am to 10pm.
- Can you arrange a babysitter?
No, unfortunately not.
- Do you have a children’s menu?
Not at the moment, however this is something we are looking into! In the meantime, our kitchen team can customize meals for kids or personalize anything offered on our menus.
- Is the property safe for little children?
Yes, the gardens are wonderful for children to freely run around and explore, and they will also love the beach. There are a few drops around the property (including a steep bank down to the beach) so we do ask you to keep an eye on your kids at all times. The swimming pool is not fenced so please supervise your children around the pool.
- Is the sea in front of the villa safe for kids to swim?
During the main season (November to April), the sea is at its calmest and children can swim here with care (and supervision). At other times of the year however it might be a little rough, in which case we’d recommend little ones swim at Weligama’s main beach. There are no lifeguards.
Things to do
- Can you arrange yoga classes?
Yes, we can arrange for a yoga teacher to come to the villa for private classes (dependent upon availability) or you could join a local class such as the daily 6.30am classes at Ceylon Sliders in Weligama or the 9am classes on the rooftop of Hangtime Hostel.
- Can we swim or snorkel in the ocean in front of the hotel?
Yes, it is generally possible, however the ocean can be rough during off season (May to October) so it’s subject to ocean conditions. We would recommend young children and less experienced swimmers to swim in the quieter cove to the west of the hotel.
- Is it possible to surf in the ocean in front of the hotel?
Yes, but for intermediate and advanced surfers only. Our infinity pool overlooks Jungle Beach Break, a cracking left and right reef break that works over three feet (though you’ll need to paddle out around 500-metres). Since this is a reef break, it is not suitable for beginners. If you’d like to learn to surf, the best place for this is Weligama beach.
- Are there other surf breaks nearby?
Yes, many! Weligama, Gurubebila, Kabalana, Midigama, Ahangama and Medawatte (Matara).
- Is it possible to rent surf boards from you?
No, we don’t provide this service. However, there are plenty of places on the beach in Weligama renting boards for around Rs300/hr.
- Can you recommend a good surfing school?
Again, there are many surf instruction places along Weligama Beach. Although they are not the cheapest, we can recommend Ceylon Sliders (in Weligama).
- Can you help us arrange a whale watching trip?
Yes, you can go whale watching from Mirissa Harbour, a 10-minute drive away. We can book tickets for you. The best time of year for whale sightings (and calm seas) is April to November.
- What is the difference between high season and low (or off) season?
Generally, the months of November to April are considered to be the main (high) season, as the seas off the south and west coasts are at their calmest and the weather is mostly dry (January, February and March are the driest months). Intermittent monsoon rains from May to October result in more showers (especially in June, July and October) and a rougher sea.
- Can you safely store our luggage if we check in early?
Yes, we can keep it for you at Reception. You can keep small valuables in our front desk safe. However, please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for any missing items.
- Can you store our luggage after we have checked out?
Yes, we can keep it at Reception until the end of the day. But, as above, please be aware that we can’t be held accountable for anything that goes missing.